***** Dudes Be ***** Sleepin
- The correct title of this article is #$@%* Dudes Be #$@%* Sleepin. The omission of the correct symbols is due to technical restrictions.
#$@%* Dudes Be #$@%* Sleepin is a fast-paced metal song featuring harsh guitar, bass, and drums in the background, with lyrics by Pearl. The song is apparently vulgar, due to its title, the fact that it never played on the radio for "obvious reasons," and the censor bleep heard in the middle of the song. At the end of the performance, a large crash can be heard, followed by grumbling from the audience, and Pearl speaking into the mic.
It was first heard as a music file in session nine of Marina's chat room under the file name rec_bow_down_ball_gig08.mp8. Pearl brought up the song as she and Marina were reminiscing over her early career, mentioning that it only sold 1,000 copies from both physical and digital sales, and stations refused to play it due to its explicit nature. They would release Ebb & Flow soon after, kicking off their ascent to fame.
- The MP8 filename is a parody of the MP3 filename used for digital audio, with the number eight being a common theme of the Octo Expansion.
- Although stated in-game that #$@%* Dudes Be #$@%* Sleepin and Ebb & Flow (Demo) are solo songs by Pearl and Marina respectively, the booklet lists them as Off the Hook songs.
- The Octotune booklet also names the track #$@%* Dudes Be #$@%* Sleepin (Live), despite not being called that anywhere else.
- Based on the title of the song in Russian, the lyrics might be about how Pearl feels her team is not helping with her matches.
It is possible the title is nonsense, with the grawlixes being used to denote that the title is vulgar.
Names in other languages
*$%@reta yatsu wa *$%@shite nero
|*$%@ing dudes go *$%@ and sleep|
|Dutch||*$%@ gasten moeten *$%@ niet zo *$%@||*$%@ dudes must not *$%@ so *$%@|
|French||Bougez-vous le *$%@ bande de *$%@||Move your *$%@ you bunch of *$%@|
|German||*$%@-Typen *$%@ noch mal nur am Pennen||*$%@ dudes *$%@-ing sleeping only[note 1]|
|Italian||Tutti a nanna, brutti *$%@!||All to bed, ugly *$%@!|
|Russian||***! В моей команде одни ******!!!
***! V moyey komande odni ******!!!
|***! My whole team are ******!!!|
|Spanish (NOA)||Que no me *$%@ con sus *$%@||Don't *$%@ me with your *$%@[note 2]|
|Spanish (NOE)||¡Que os *$%@, panda de *$%@!||Go *$%@ yourselves, you bunch of *$%@!|
- "pennen" is a German slang word for sleeping, "noch mal" is just an intensifier in this case
- "sus" indicates that the second vulgar word is plural and that either an individual is being addressed with the formal "usted" pronoun or a group of people with the "ustedes" pronoun