The long range and damage of the Inkline Tri-Stringer allows it to play an anchor role, and its kit allows it to play a strong supportive role.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer's long range one-shot can provide a good anchor for a team.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer shoots three arrows at once.
- While in the air, the diffusion of shots spread from horizontally to vertically.
- The diffusion of the shots make it more probable to deal some damage to opponents than other backlines, such as chargers.
- If an opponent gets up close, the probability that multiple arrows from tap shots will hit at once, potentially dealing massive damage to them. Getting behind an opponent where they are vulnerable and shooting them there is a tactic used to survive and deal damage to opponents.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer's shots also fly in an arc without losing damage, allowing it to hit opponents over obstacles and Splash Walls.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer shoots three arrows at once.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer's high strafe speed allows it to avoid shots easier.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer's first charge makes the arrows explode shortly after hitting terrain.
- The explosions can chip at opponents' HP, allowing the user and their teammates to splat opponents easier, allowing it to play a supportive role.
- Repeated spamming of partial charges can prove useful to chip at opponent's HP and force them out of your space.
- The explosions can quickly re-ink areas that have been taken over by enemy ink in the time before they explode.
- This can prove especially useful in Splat Zones where both teams have the objective of taking control of a small part of the map.
- Firing prediction partial charges where areas will be inked, such as just before a Splat Bomb detonates or inside a Triple Inkstrike twister, will quickly ink over the enemy ink just after it detonates or stops, allowing the player to focus their attention elsewhere.
- The player can fire exploding shots in front of a rushing Ultra Stamp
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer has impressive object damage, allowing it to quickly destroy enemy objects or pop the Rainmaker shield, quickly eliminating distractions from teammates.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer's exploding arrows can make opposing anchors panic and temporarily retreat, and its arcing shots can splat them while in hiding.
- Unlike chargers, the Inkline Tri-Stringer does not possess a laser that indicates the direction of where it is aiming, allowing it for stealthier splats.
The Inkline Tri-Stringer also has some weaknesses.
- The inability to hold a charge can be bad for the Inkline Tri-Stringer in some situations.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer's one-shot is harder to hit than weapons such as chargers.
- Although possessing an above average skill at fighting opponents in close quarters that most backliners do not, the Inkline Tri-Stringer is still more vulnerable at point blank than in other situations, especially without tools to deal with close-ranged opponents.
Sprinklers have a wide variety of usage.
- Sprinklers can be used to quickly paint the player's feet in a pinch or to paint walls.
- Sprinklers can be placed at the player's feet to paint the space around them so they have control of the area.
- Sprinklers can be thrown at range so it can help aid with the Inkline Tri-Stringer's bad paint at long ranges.
- Sprinklers can be thrown to bait opponents into getting rid of it. The Inkline Tri-Stringer can splat those who take this bait.
Super Chumps are a great special for the Inkline Tri-Stringer as well. As the first weapon to play a backline role with this special weapon, it plays a little differently than other weapons with this special. It's high special output allows it to get Super Chumps quickly and often.
- Decoys can combo with the Inkline Tri-Stringer's shots and explosive darts.
- Explosive darts can be slightly obscured by the decoys, so use this into tricking opponents.
- The decoys paint a wide area upon landing and exploding, so using this on an area where the player's team doesn't have much paint control is wise.
- The decoys can be used as an entry special for the player's team, as it provides distractions, turfs, and deals explosion chip damage.
- The decoys can be used to distract opponents, as ignoring them would mean them possibly taking damage or losing turf control. The player can splat the distracted opponents that are trying to retreat or destroy the decoys.
The Inkline Tri-Stringer is flexible, and can be used in a variety of different team comps.
- Weapons with low turf output, such as the Range Blaster or Krak-On Splat Roller can rely on the Inkline Tri-Stringer for paint control over the stage.
- Weapons that can chip at opponent's HP, such as the Splatana Wiper and the Rapid Blaster can use the Inkline Tri-Stringer's chip damage to combo with its exploding darts to get easier splats.
- Weapons that have short range such as the Carbon Roller Deco and Tri-Slosher can use the Super Chump decoys as an entry tool to get into enemy territory.
- The Inkline Tri-Stringer is vulnerable at close ranges, even more so than its original variant, so getting close to it can be useful in splatting Inkline Tri-Stringer users.
- Be sure not to get too close to it, as getting too close can make it so multiple shots can hit the player at once.
- Launching surprise attacks - such as surprising it with a charge-hold snipe from a Goo Tuber or sharking with a Carbon Roller - can make it so the user is splatted before they can charge a shot.
- Blaster class weapons can poke at the Inkline Tri-Stringer from a distance and force users to retreat.
- Weapons that can get rid of its Super Chumps quickly, such as a Hydra Splatling can get rid of distractions for allies quickly.
There are many different gear abilities that compliment the Inkline Tri-Stringer. Some notable abilities include:
Perhaps one of the most notable gear abilities for the Inkline Tri-Stringer, Run Speed Up is very useful for the it. The Inkline Tri-Stringer is already fairly mobile, so Run Speed Up will increase its strafe speed even more. The Inkline Tri-Stringer likes to stay mobile at all times, so being able to quickly move from one place to another with a charged shot ready can be great for it.
Another very notable ability for the Inkline Tri-Stringer is Object Shredder. Having Object Shredder on Inkline Tri-Stringer will greatly enhance its supportive capabilities. With Object Shredder, Inkline Tri-Stringer can one-shot Wave Breakers, quickly shred Big Bubblers, and get rid of Crab Tanks fast.
Using Ink Resistance Up on Inkline Tri-Stringer can help it get out of tough situations and retain some of its mobility in enemy ink. This lets the player resist being splatted a little better, too.
Thermal Ink is a fairly popular ability for the Inkline Tri-Stringer, as it shoots three arrows of ink at once. Even if the Inkline Tri-Stringer misses its one-shot, it can still hit opponents with arrows and reveal their locations to the player. Using this info, the Inkline Tri-Stringer can continue to fire at the opponent if they retreat behind an obstacle.
Ink Saver Main can be useful for the Inkline Tri-Stringer, as it can help it fire more shots per ink tank. This allows Inkline Tri-Stringer to continually chip at opponents for longer.
Ink Saver Sub is another useful ink-saving ability. It can help the Inkline Tri-Stringer fire more shots after throwing a Sprinkler, allowing for more shots after throwing a Sprinkler.
Ink Recovery Up decreases the downtime Inkline Tri-Stringer has after using its ink. It can make it apply pressure more constantly because of this decreased downtime.
As with most backlines, Last-Ditch Effort can prove very useful for the Inkline Tri-Stringer. In the last 30 seconds of battle, or when the opposing team's counter is below 50, the player will be granted some ability points of Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, and Ink Recovery Up. This can help the player's team get in the lead if they're losing and reduce the weapon's downtime.
Sub Resistance Up can be good for Inkline Tri-Stringer in multiple different situations. It decreases the damage of bombs, and as an anchor, opponents may be prone to bomb spamming to distract the player. Sub Resistance Up also decreases the time the Inkline Tri-Stringer is tracked by location-revealing subs, allowing it to be stealthier.
Tenacity is especially good for the Inkline Tri-Stringer if the player chooses to play the role as a jump anchor. Having Super Chump charge passively can be useful when not focusing on inking, as its longer range shots tend to paint less than tap shots.
Although usually seen more for frontliners and sharking weapons, Ninja Squid is useful on the Inkline Tri-Stringer as it can help it disguise itself while swimming from opposing backliners and attackers. Being stealthy is a part of Inkline Tri-Stringer's playstyle, so having its swimming ripples disguised can make it even more stealthy when moving from one place to another.
Respawn Punisher is usually a double-edged sword for more weapons, lengthening respawn time and increasing the amount of the special gauge depleted after respawning. But for the Inkline Tri-Stringer, it can prove particularly useful, as it has the power to one-shot at a great distance. Using the chip damage from the exploding arrows in combination with the chip damage of allies can also result in Respawn Punisher being useful.
Special Charge Up is very useful for the Inkline Tri-Stringer as Super Chump has great synergy with the Inkline Tri-Stringer. Getting Super Chumps faster can aid it and its teammates greatly in battle.
Special Power Up is particularly useful for the Inkline Tri-Stringer as it increases the explosion and paint radius of Super Chump decoys. Having more paint control will be a great supportive trait in battle.
In competitive play
The Inkline Tri-Stringer has not been seeing much use, since it has released only recently. But, competitive players, such as ProChara, are looking to see more of the weapon.