|“||Everyone, meet Dedf1sh. Previously a promising, up and coming DJ, her pursuit of breakbeat perfection eventually led her to a subterranean test facility, where she was “sanitized.” Though little of her former self remains, she continues crafting DJ delicacies, and the halls of the test facility echo with her bumping tracks to this very day.||”|
Dedf1sh is a musician in Splatoon 2 whose songs were released as part of Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion. Once a normal Octoling, she entered the underground test facility and became sanitized, losing her free will.
Before the DLC's release, a video entitled Catalog Mix featuring short sections of some of them was made available. It includes several songs heard in the Octo Expansion and its missions. The only song that was named prior to Octotune's release was Splattack! (Octo), which plays when Agent 8 battles Agent 3 in the Spinal Phase mission. It is a remix of Squid Squad's song Splattack! from Splatoon, and the only version of the song heard in Splatoon 2 (without counting the song's inclusion in Squid Beatz 2 from the amiibo rewards, and the short motif of it playing during Agent 3's introduction).
- In her album art, Dedf1sh uses a series of turntables each with the number 8 on them and 8 buttons, corresponding to an octopus' number of arms and the overall recurring Number 8 through the Expansion.
- The background of the album art features the Kamabo Corporation logo, also seen on the CQ card and C.Q. Cumber's hat.
- Dedf1sh's name may be a reference to the DJ and musician known as deadmau5.
- With the style of her tentacles, headphones, and colored fingertips, Dedf1sh bears a resemblance to Marina.
- Oddly, her numbered catalog of songs appear to be missing select numbers: 3, 7, 10, 15, 17, & 18.
- HaikaraWalker reveals that Dedf1sh's real name is "ミズタ アハト" (Mizuta Ahato).
Characters in Splatoon 2