The Splattershot Jr. is the classic entry-level Turf War weapon! It's a great companion for learning the basics of battle. It has a great rate of fire and efficient in use to boot. Plus it sprays ink so wildly you're bound to hit something! Splat Bombs are super effective at smoking out hidden opponents and clearing your path! And the Ink Armor special is great for support, making this set an excellent choice for players who appreciate balance!
The Splattershot Jr. is ideal for covering large territories with ink quickly; its low accuracy provides a wider spread of ink while moving, and its low damage means it uses less ink per shot, allowing for more shots per tank of ink. It is in a set with the Splat Bomb and Bubbler, which help counter the low damage output by adding a good offensive option and a strong defensive one, respectively. Add to that the Bubbler's ability to shield nearby teammates as well, and the Splattershot Jr. is an ideal support weapon.
|“||Everyone's got to start somewhere. Good rate of fire and efficient ink use to boot. Not the most accurate of weapons, but it sprays ink so wildly you're bound to hit something!||”|
— In-Game Description
|“||This here is the Splattershot Jr. It’s the first weapon new arrivals to Inkopolis get their hands on when getting their feet wet in Turf War. While not the greatest in terms of range or power, this bad boy has excellent rate of fire and solid ink efficiency. As the “Jr.” indicates, it’s a well-rounded weapon that’s just perfect for noobs.||”|
- ▼ Special gauge loss: 50% → up to 60%
An Inkling wielding a Splattershot Jr.
An Inkling in a Bubbler running and holding a Splattershot Jr.
Concept art of various weapons, with the Splattershot Jr. at the lower left.
- The Tri-Slosher draws many parallels to the Splattershot Jr.:
- They are less accurate and have shorter ranges than the standard weapons of their class, the Slosher and the Splattershot, respectively. However, they have wider coverage within their range and improved speed.
- Both of their original setups have the Bubbler as their Special Weapon, with their alternates, the Tri-Slosher Nouveau and Custom Splattershot Jr., having the Echolocator.
- The Octoshot Replica and the Splattershot Jr. are the only weapons not obtained with cash. As such, they are the only weapons not seen in Ammo Knights.
- Callie seems to own a Splattershot Jr. in the Manga Series.
Splattershot Jr. is a combination of Splatter (as well as Splat) and Shot. It also has the shortened form of Junior at the end to denote it is a weapon for beginners.
Its japanese name, わかばシューター Wakaba Shūtā, means "Fresh Leaves Shooter". Its name is also a reference to the Wakaba mark (🔰), a symbol for new car drivers in Japan that has over time come to represent beginners in general.
Names in other languages
|Fresh Leaves Shooter. A reference to the Wakaba mark, a symbol representing beginners.|
|Dutch||Superspetter jr.||Supersplatter jr.|
|French (NOA)||Liquéficateur ultra||Ultra liquificator|
|French (NOE)||Liquidateur Jr.||Liquidator Jr.|
|Italian||Sparacolore recluta||Recruit color shooter|
|Spanish (NOA)||Rociador básico||Basic sprayer|
|Spanish (NOE)||Lanzatintas novato||Noob ink thrower|